Friday, May 8, 2015

The Hiding Spot Interviews AISHA SAEED, author of WRITTEN IN THE STARS

Writing about Naila’s struggles was not easy. There were some chapters that I wrote and then would need to take a break for a few days because it was emotionally draining to detail what Naila went through. I think it was particularly hard for me because while Naila is a fictional character, the situation she is trapped in is all too real for many women around the world. Despite the difficulties of telling the story I knew it was an important story to tell and that, as a writer, I could not shy away from Naila’s difficult realities because these were realities not only for my fictional character but for real women whose story deserved a voice. 

Read the entire interview on THE HIDING SPOT.

Written in the Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment